Pool Heater Repair Experts
A swimming pool is excellent, but a heated one is on another level. While your pool heater can last long, it will eventually require servicing and repairs. Patriot Pool and Spa has the experience and skills to not only fix the issue but also help you avoid an expensive new pool heater. Using a pool heater ensures you and your family can enjoy your swimming pool all year round. We offer professional pool heater repair services throughout Austin, Dallas, Southlake, and surrounding areas that you can trust. Rely on our trained technicians to get the job done right the first time to make your pool comfortable again.
Common Pool Heater Complications
There are plenty of reasons your pool heater may fail to start or keep running. Pool heaters are essential, and skilled and certified pool repair technicians will best handle any pool heater repairs. The reason is that pool heaters are more complex machines than pool pumps, as the components often require highly skilled contractors depending on the type. Through our services, we’ve compiled a list of some of the more common complications with heated pools. The more common issues include the following:
- Heater Fails to Turn On – Your pool heater failing to turn on could be as simple as a dirty or clogged filter. A clogged filter can cause your heater to turn off completely. If your heater is electrical, it could mean that the inside terminals have corroded. It’s always a good sign to schedule a maintenance appointment if your heater doesn’t turn on.
- Your Pool Heater Cycles On and Off – A straightforward issue usually caused by a water flow issue, a dirty filter, or a closed valve. Sometimes, this issue can be caused by the thermostat requiring a new one to be installed.
- Leaking Pool Heater – Over the lifespan of your pool heater, the chemicals used to keep your water balanced can damage the heat exchanger. Another cause is lower winter temperatures; in some cases, you’ll need to replace the exchanger.
What Are the Different Types of Pool Heaters?
While installing a pool heater can allow you and your loved ones to swim beyond the traditional swimming season, the type of pool heater you install determines what level of maintenance and repairs will be needed. Which type of pool heater you need is based on how frequently you use it to heat your pool and the size of the area that needs to be warmed. Here is an overview of the different types of pool heaters available and their benefits:
- Heat Pump Pool Heater – This heater is highly recommended if you want to use your pool daily or keep a constant temperature. These are great for maintaining water temperature when the air temperature stays warm.
- Gas Pool Heater – If you only use your pool on weekends, parties, or special occasions, a gas heater will work best for you. Gas heaters can heat the water quicker than a heat pump.
- Gas and Heat Pump Combination – These are best used if you have a spa attached to your pool. The heat pump can maintain the temperature in your pool, while the gas heater can handle the spa.
- Solar Pool Heater – Solar heaters are designed to absorb heat from the sun and transfer that to your pool. On average solar heaters are the cheapest and least reliable heating systems, as it depends heavily on sun exposure.
- Solar and Heat Pump Combination – This combination is the most energy-efficient method of keeping your pool comfortable. The heat pump will ensure a constant temperature, while the solar panels can provide warmth during the day.
How To Get the Most Out Of Your Pool Heater
Pool heaters can be expensive, so getting the most out of them is essential. On average, pool heaters can last between 10-25 years, depending on the type of heater, if it’s been routinely serviced and repaired, and the quality of the maintenance. Taking advantage of our pool heater repair services ensures your heater will receive only high-quality repairs and maintenance. There are some additional ways to prolong the life of your pool heater, and they include the following:
- Check Your Water’s Balance – We recommend checking your water’s chemical balance monthly to ensure your pool heater’s exchanger and internal components are not calcified or eroded.
- Maintain Proper Water Flow – Checking your filter is an absolute must. Backwashing your filter or rinsing it every time your heaters pressure gauge gets high will ensure proper water flow. Not checking your filter can lead to several issues, such as power cycling, strange noises, or refusal to turn on.
- Routine Pool Heater Maintenance – Having your pool heater repaired and serviced routinely will significantly prolong your pool heater’s life. We recommend having one of our technicians come out at least twice a year. Once when you first open your pool for summer and the other right before you fully cover your pool for the winter. This will help identify any areas of concern to ensure you get any repairs handled quickly.
Take Advantage Of Our Pool Heater Repair Services
As we’ve stated before, your pool heater is an essential system of your pool system, allowing you to enjoy a swim all year round. But as time goes on, your pool heater will get old and potentially stop working or malfunction. Your typical pool heater is more complicated than a pool pump, requiring specific knowledge and understanding to repair it correctly and safely. Depending on the issue, using our pool heater repair services could save you money in the long run. Our highly trained team has the experience needed to provide safe and thorough maintenance. Following our inspection and services, your pool heater will function as new. If you notice any complications, be sure to contact our professional team.
Tips for Handling Pool Heater Repairs
There are multiple reasons why your pool heater may start to fail. We recommend contacting our skilled technicians, but there are a few things the average homeowner can do to help troubleshoot the issue. In some cases, problems that appear to be about the pool heater have nothing to do with it. We’ve put together a list of some simple troubleshooting tips to help you determine where the issue is coming from:
- Inspect Your Filter – Regardless of the pool heater you have, you’ll need to have a clean and unclogged filter for it to work properly. A dirty filter can stop your pool heater from working as intended causing multiple complications such as strange noises or even failure to turn on.
- Check Your Fittings – Ensuring your fittings are tight and snug is vital as your heater requires steady water pressure and a good seal to maintain performance.
- Inspect All Electrical Connections and Terminals – With electric or solar pool heaters, a fault connection can result in a heater that won’t turn on or may trigger a failsafe feature. Be sure to unplug your heater before you perform any troubleshooting to ensure you remain safe. When looking at any electrical connections, note any frayed, split, loose wires or corrosion. If found, call our team as soon as possible.
- Check Your Pressure Sensor – A bad pressure sensor can ensure your pool heater will sense that there is no water in the pool and automatically switch off the pump.
- Heat Exchanger Issues – Similar to the water heater in your home, the anodes can become corroded or be covered in a layer of lime. To help stop this from happening, it’s recommended to check and balance the chemicals in your pool.
Schedule Your Pool Heater Repair Today
Save yourself from the frustration of jumping into a cold pool with our pool heater repair services. Repairing and troubleshooting a pool heater is not one of those things you should do DIY. When you need pool heater repairs, call on the professionals at Patriot Pool and Spa. We offer thorough and efficient repairs while offering a transparent and fair billing practice ensuring you’ll know the total cost before we begin. Our team is customer-focused, and we aim to exceed our customers’ expectations through quick, responsive service appointments. To schedule your pool heater repair, contact one of our offices today. We have multiple locations in the Austin, Dallas, and Southlake areas to serve you.
FASTEST GROWING POOL COMPANY IN THE US FOR THREE STRAIGHT YEARS ACCORDING TO THE INC. 5000
MAKING A SPLASH | NEWS & UPDATES
The Benefits of Hiring a Pool Maintenance Company
Summer is fast approaching which means it’s time to start prepping your backyard pool for all of the barbeques and parties you’ll be hosting! The
Pool Accessories for 2022
Spring has sprung, and summer is on its way! It’s time to start thinking about getting your pool ready for swimmers. If there are any
Spring Cleaning for Your Pool
The weather is finally starting to take a turn towards sunnier skies, longer days, and warmer temperatures, so you know what that means. It’s almost